The Ten Commandments
0) (Exodus 12: 1-17 & Deuteronomy 5: 6-21)
0) Confirmation in the Quran (Chapter: Verse)
1. Thou shall not take any God except one God.
1. "There is no God except one God"» (47:19)
2. Thou shall make no image of God.
2. "There is nothing whatsoever like unto Him" (42:11)
3. Thou shall not use God's name in vain.
3. "Make not God's name an excuse to your oaths" (2:224)
4. Thou shall honor thy mother and father.
4. "Be kind to your parents if one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not a word of contempt nor repel them but address them in terms of honor." (17:23)
5. Thou shall not steal.
5. "As for the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands, but those who repent After a crime and reform shall beforgiven by God for God is forgiving and kind." (5:38 - 39)
6. Thou shall not lie or give false testimony.
6. "They invoke a curse of God if they lie." (24:7) "Hide not the testimony" (2:283)
7. Thou shall not kill.
7. "If anyone has killed one person it is as if he had killed the whole mankind" (5:32)
8. Thou shall not commit adultery.
8. "Do not come near adultery. It is an indecent deed and a way for other
9. Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife or possessions.
9, "Do good to your parents, relatives and neighbors." (4:36) Saying of the Prophet Muhammad (P) ""One of the greatest sins is to have illicit sex with your neighbors wife"".
10. Thou shall keep the Sabbath holy.
10. "When the call for the Friday Prayer is made, hasten to the remembrance of God and leave off your business." (62:9)