Hinduism and Islam
Hinduism and Islam ComparedConcept of God
In Islam, belief in One God is the most important belief. Allah in arabic refers to the One God. It is a known fact that every language has one or more terms that are used in reference to God and sometimes to lesser deities. This is not the case with Allah. Allah is the personal name of the One true God. Nothing else can be called Allah. The term has no plural or gender. This shows its uniqueness when compared with the word god which can be made plural, gods, or feminine, goddess. It is interesting to notice that Allah is the personal name of God in Aramaic, the language of Jesus and a sister language of Arabic. The One true God is a reflection of the unique concept that Islam associates with God. To a Muslim, Allah is the Almighty, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is similar to nothing and nothing is comparable to Him. (monotheism)
Hinduism has many deities. This is much like ancient Greek and Roman religions. The god Brahma is the creator of the world. The god Vishnu who preserves the world through his many incarnations. The god Shiva will destroy the world which will be rebuilt by Brahma. In their Rig-Veda Book, we find prayers to some 70 objects, each serving as a deity. The concept of god Brahma is similar to the concept of Trinity in Christianity. The Brahma is responsible for all workings of the world and everyone is a part of him. Different gods are viewed as different aspects of him. (polytheism)Concept of Human Values
In Islam, all humans are created equal. For example, there is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab, or vice versa. Blacks and whites have no superiority over each other. The same holds with any other nationality or ethnicity. Islam rejects characterizing God in any human form or depicting Him as favoring certain individuals or nations on the basis of wealth, power or race. He created the human beings as equals. They may distinguish themselves and get His favor through virtue and piety only.
Hinduism has a caste system, with four major castes. Members of each are required by strict religious laws to follow certain hereditary occupations and to refrain from intermarriage or eating with members of the other castes. The highest, or priestly and intellectual, caste is that of the Brahmans. The remaining three in order are Kshatriya (ruling or warrior caste), Vaisya (common artisan and agricultural caste), and the Sudras (the low caste people).Concept of Food
Muslims eat all wholesome and good food including meat of cows (beef), lamb, goat, and chicken.
Cow is a sacred animal and a deity for Hindus. Cows, therefore, can not be killed or eaten in Hinduism.Concept of Afterlife
Muslims believe that each person has a body and soul. At death, your body is separated from your soul. Your faith and actions in this life will determine your fate in the Life After Death. There is a Day of Judgment when this life will come to an end for every one, and all humans from Adam to the last person, will be brought to a second life, rejoining of your body and soul. On that Day, God will put people in Hell or Heaven based on their beliefs and deeds of this life.
Hinduism believes in body and soul. Your soul returns to your body after your death. This cycle repeats seven times according to some. Your status or caste in next life depends on your deeds of the previous life. This is called Reincarnation in Hinduism.
Prophet Muhammad in Hindu Scripture
By Muhammad al-Faruque
One Hindu research professor, in his stunning book, claims that the description of Avatar found in the holy books of Hindu religion is in fact that of the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.S). A little while ago, in India, a fact revealing book has been published, which has been the topic of discussions and gossip all over the country.
If the author of this book were a Muslim, he would have been arrested or he could have been murdered and all the copies of this book would have been confiscated. Even a ban would have been extended on its further publications. A riot and violence would have broken out against innocent Muslims and their blood would have been shed. Amazingly the author of this book is a fair-minded famous professor who happens to be a Hindu. His name is Pundit Vedaprakash Upadhai and the name of his fact revealing book is Kalki Avatar. The author is a Hindu Brahmin by caste of Bengali origin. He is a research scholar, a seeker of the Truth and a well known Pandit (scholar) in Allahabad University.
After years of research work, he published this book and eight other pundits have endorsed and certified his points of argument as authentic.
According to Hindu belief and their holy books, the description of the guide and the leader, named Kalki Avatar, fits only to the Prophet Muhammad of Arabia (S.A.S). So the Hindus of the whole world should not wait any longer for the arrival of Kalki Avatar (the spirit) and should readily accept Prophet Muhammad (SAW) as Kalki Avatar. The facts were verified and supported by the eight eminent pundits.
What the author and the eight other eminent pundits say is that the Hindus who are still anxiously awaiting the arrival of Kalki Avatar are simply subjecting themselves to a never ending pain. Because such a great messenger has come and departed from this world fourteen centuries ago. The author produces the following sound evidence from the Vedas and other holy books of Hindu religion in support of his claim:
1. In Purana (a holy book of Hindus) it is stated that Kalki Avatar would be the last messenger (prophet) of God in this world for the Guidance of the whole world and all human beings.
2. According to a Hindu religious prediction, the birth of Kalki Avatar would take place in an isle which again according to Hindu religion is the Arab Region.
3. In books of Hindus, the names of the father and the mother of Kalki Avatar are given as VISHNUBHAGAT and SUMAANI respectively. If we examine the meanings of these names we shall come to a very interesting conclusion:
Take VISHNUBHAGAT= VISHNU (meaning God) + BHAGAT( meaning slave) = ALLAH + ABD (in Arabic) = Slave of God = ABDULLAH (in arabic) (name of Mohammed's Father) SUMAANI= PEACE or Calmness = Aamenah (in Arabic).
4. In religious books of Hindus, it is mentioned that the staple food of Kalki Avatar would be dates and olives and he would be the most honest and truthful person in the region. Without any doubt the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is acclaimed to possess these qualities.
5. It is stated in Vedas (holy book of Hindu Religion) that the birth of Kalki Avatar would take place in an honorable clan. This perfectly fits the Quraysh where the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) belonged to.
6. God would teach Kalki Avatar through His messenger (angel) in a cave. Allah taught Prophet Muhammad (SAW), through His messenger Jibraeel (Gabrael) in a cave known as Gaar-e-Hiraa.
7. God would avail Kalki Avatar with a very speedy horse to ride and travel the whole world and the seven skies. Indication of Buraq (horse) and Me'raj (ascension when prophet traveled the seven skies).
8. God would also avail Kalki Avatar with divine help. This was particularly proved in the Battle of Uhud.
9. Another dazzling account given about Kalki Avatar was that he would be born on the 12th of a month; whereas the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was born on the 12th of the Rabiul Awwal (Islamic Calendar).
10. Kalki Avatar would be an excellent horse rider and a swordsman.
The author here draws the attention of Hindus that the real days of horses and swords have gone and the present time is of guns and missiles. So it would be foolish on the part of those who still expect Kalki Avatar, who should be an excellent rider and swordsman to come.
In fact, the divine book, Holy Qur'an contains qualities and signs attributed to Kalki Avatar reflecting on the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).The author has given numerous arguments in favor of his claim that Kalki Avatar is in fact Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and those who still await the arrival of Kalki Avatar should think again.
Please Take a Moment and Share this Page