Now this is a tough subject to discuss because even the apparent pious individuals may slack in waking up for Fajr. Subtracting 30 minutes of your sleep to pray Fajr will ensure 23.5 hours of a day filled with blessings. Here are some tips which maybe of some help.
1. The single and the most important rule for waking up for Fajr is to go to sleep early. If this can’t be done, then the chances of waking up are very very low. Human beings are generally lazy during the early morning hours. Couple that with lack of sleep and you have got the perfect recipe for missing Fajr. So, try going to sleep atleast 6-7 hours before Fajr salat.
2. This is important, before going to sleep, have an intention to wake up for Fajr. If your intention is sincere, Allah will help you to wake up. He is the Almighty. A muslim never plans to miss Fajr.
3. Learn about the rewards of praying Fajr. Human beings are greedy by nature. We are more eager to do things once the benefits are known. And praying Fajr carries great rewards.
4. Set your alarm clock and keep it away from you. This will force you to get up to turn it off.
5. Perform the sunnah actions of going to sleep. These include, reciting the dua of sleeping, making wudhu, asking Allah for forgiveness, reciting some verses of the Quran, etc. If you go to sleep in a state of remembering Allah then you will have divine support.
6. Know that Fajr is an obligatory prayer, it’s not a sunnah or nawafil salat. Performing Fajr is just as important as praying Jumah and other Fardh actions.
7. Be mindful of death. Know that we may never live to see another Fajr and we should not die on a day when Fajr was missed.
8. Be strong willed and fight laziness in the morning. Not everyone is capable of this. However, make a promise to yourself that you will wake up no matter what and then try your best.
9. Ask for support. Request a family member or a friend to call you for Fajr to assist you in waking up.
10. Look and admire those who pray Fajr regularly. Don’t be ashamed to ask them for their secret. You will notice that they will have sincere love for Allah and the desire to excell in the hereafter. You can be just as regular as them but you will have to take the steps.