Jannah or Paradise is the ultimate goal of every Muslim. We are all travellers through this world; stopping by for a day or two to gather what we need for the hereafter. Paradise is precious and not something which is handed out freely. One must earn it while in this world by working for it. What we do in this world will greatly affect what we get in the afterlife. Those who do righteous deeds in this world will be rewarded with paradise. However, righteous deeds is not enough, one also has to recognize the Creator and do good deeds for His pleasure as He alone is the One in whose control is our final destiny.
What awaits for the believers in the paradise is unimaginable as the the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said: Allah has said: I have prepared for My righteous servants what no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no heart has conceived (Tirmidhi). Here are some Quranic verses with glad tidings of paradise.
Quranic Verses on Paradise
1) And no soul knows what has been hidden for them of comfort for eyes as reward for what they used to do. Holy Quran, 32:17
2) Verily, the dwellers of the Paradise, that Day, will be busy in joyful things. They and their wives will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones. They will have therein fruits (of all kinds) and all that they ask for. (It will be said to them): Salamun (peace be on you), a Word from the Lord (Allah), Most Merciful. Holy Quran, 36: 55-58
3) The description of Paradise which the Muttaqun (pious) have been promised is that in it are rivers of water the taste and smell of which are not changed; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine delicious to those who drink; and rivers of clarified honey (clear and pure) therein for them is every kind of fruit; and forgiveness from their Lord. Holy Quran, 47:15. It should be noted that the wine of paradise is not like the wine in this world. The wine of paradise does not intoxicate a person nor results in poor judgment.
4) Verily, The Muttaqun (pious), will be in the midst of Gardens and Rivers (Paradise). In a seat of truth (i.e. Paradise), near the Omnipotent King (Allah, the All-Blessed, the Most High, the Owner of Majesty and Honour). Holy Quran, 54:54-55
5) And Paradise will be brought near to the Muttaqun (pious – see V.2:2) not far off. (It will be said): “This is what you were promised, – (it is) for those oft-returning (to Allah) in sincere repentance, and those who preserve their covenant with Allah (by obeying Him in all what He has ordered, and worship none but Allah Alone, i.e. follow Allah’s Religion, Islamic Monotheism). “Who feared the Most Beneficent (Allah) in the Ghaib (unseen): (i.e. in this worldly life before seeing and meeting Him), and brought a heart turned in repentance (to Him – and absolutely free from each and every kind of polytheism), “Enter you therein in peace and security; this is a Day of eternal life!” There they will have all that they desire, and We have more (for them, i.e. a glance at the All-Mighty, All-Majestic swt ). Holy Quran, 50:34 – 35
6) Allah will say: This is a day in which the truthful will profit from their truth. Theirs are gardens, with rivers flowing beneath – their eternal Home. Allah is well-pleased with them, and they with Allah. That is the great salvation. Holy Quran, 5:119
7) Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring. Angels shall enter from every gate (with the salutation): “Peace be with you, that you persevered in patience! Now how excellent is the final home!” Holy Quran, 13:23–24
8) Allah hath promised to Believers, men and women, gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in gardens of everlasting bliss. Holy Quran, 9:72
9) Therein you shall have (all) that your inner‑selves desire, and therein you shall have all for which you ask. An entertainment from Allah, the Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful. Holy Quran, 41:31–32
10) In a lofty Paradise, where they shall neither hear harmful speech nor falsehood. Therein will be a running spring. Therein will be thrones raised high, and cups set at hand. And cushions set in rows, and rich carpets (all) spread out. Holy Quran, 88:10–16
If you liked this article, please share it with your friends using the share buttons below.
1 thought on “10 Beautiful Quranic Verses About Paradise”
Very nice post Thanks for sharing